We are excited to announce that there will be a Men’s Bible Study in Missouri. It will be hosted by Jefferson City Bible Chapel.
The dates for the Bible Study will be Friday, August 18, 2017 through Saturday, August 19, 2017.
Moderator: Mike Attwood
The theme for this year’s study will be Matthew 5-7
As always, there will be no charge or any set fee for attending the study. There are costs involved in these studies including two meals being provided on Friday as well as snacks and drinks throughout the weekend. We also believe that as the study moderator labors in the Word and minister to us spiritually, that we have a responsibility to minister to them temporally—1Corinthians 9:7-11. To this point the brethren who have attended have been very generous.
As usual there will be a basket for any brother who desires to share fellowship as the Lord leads. All funds received above and beyond the cost of the Bible Study will be for the moderator. You may share fellowship by cash or check. If you pay by check, please make the check payable to: Jefferson City Bible Chapel.
Matthew Renes will be overseeing the housing arrangements and other logistics. As usual there are a couple of options for sleeping arrangements on Friday and Saturday nights:
1) Some of the saints in the area have offered their homes for brethren to spend the night. This will be on a first come-first serve basis.
2) We have found that those who choose to stay in motels prefer to choose their own and so we will allow those who prefer this option to make their own arrangements.
3) For those living in the area, you will still be able to commute. (For those living near Jefferson City, if you would be able to allow one or more brethren to stay at your home please let us know as soon as possible.)
Even though there are no registration fees we still need everyone to register in advance so that we can to set up the proper number of tables and chairs and know how much food to purchase for meals and snacks that we will be preparing. Please register as soon as possible and avoid waiting until the last minute.
We need to know how many are coming even if it is just for a couple of sessions in order to have sufficient food for meals and snacks and so that the brethren can set up enough seats ahead of time to accommodate everyone. It takes valuable time away from our study time if we have to stop to set up additional tables and chairs.
Everyone will need to register in advance before midnight on Monday, August 14, 2017—even if you are planning to only attend part of the study.
To register, Eric Michelsen at: 573.576.6518 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To Sign up online: https://goo.gl/forms/OLvGbB80IPHfS1hP2
For registration we will need the following information:
1) Your name, phone number, and email address.
2) You will need to note which type of accommodations you prefer. Let us know if you would like for us to arrange a home for you to stay, getting you own motel room, or commuting.
3) If you are registering for several brothers, please include all the above information for each one.
If you have any questions please contact Eric. If you know of others who might benefit from this study, please forward this message to them.
We look forward to an encouraging and challenging time together in God’s Word that will exalt the Name and Person of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in our midst.
Mike Attwood email@example.com
Mark Hartley firstname.lastname@example.org
Eric Michelsen Eric.email@example.com
Dave Klein firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthew Renes email@example.com
Midwest Men’s Bible Study Schedule
4:00-4:30 pm—Arrival & Registration
4:30-5:30 pm— Prayer
5:30-6:30 pm— Dinner
7:30-9:00 pm—Study #1
8:00 am – 8:30 am—Prayer
8:30-10:00 am— Study #2
10:15-11:30 am— Study #3
11:30 -12:30 pm— Lunch
12:30-2:00 pm— Study #4
2:15-3:45 pm—Study #5