Here is the fourth of a series on new songs that are appropriate and worshipful to sing at the Lord’s Supper. You can see all the articles in the series – LS Songs. These songs are picked based on the words (not all will agree on every line) and the tunes. They are singable by a congregation even though some may be easier than others.
- What a Beautiful Name by Brooke Ligertwood and Ben Fielding
- What a blessed truth that “In my Father’s house there’s a place for me”
- Rescuer by Rend Collective
- This is a bit more up tempo but full of thanksgiving to the Lord Jesus
- Who You Say I Am by Ben Fielding and Reuben Morgan
- Living Hope by Phil Wickham and Brian Johnson
- Who could imagine so great a mercy?
What heart could fathom such boundless grace?
The God of ages stepped down from glory
To wear my sin and bear my shame
The cross has spoken, I am forgiven
The King of kings calls me His own
Beautiful Savior, I’m Yours forever
Jesus Christ, my living hope
- Simplicity by Rend Collective
- A beautiful song of worship and surrender before the Lord
- Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) by Chris Tomlin and Louie Giglio (original by John Newton)
- A new version of the most famous song in Christian history
- Oh the Deep Deep Love by Bob Kauflin (original by Samuel Trevor Francis)
- Another update of an old classic
- Jesus I Come by Christopher Joel Brown and Steven Furtick
- “Thank You Jesus, just as I am I come. Hallelujah, Oh what amazing love”
- God You Are My God by Rory Noland, Paul Mabury and Jason Ingram
- The bridge can be tricky but could be left out if it doesn’t work for your church
- I Stand in Awe of You by Mark Altrogge
- Standing as a church before the awesomeness of the Lord is a precious thing.